The Museum seeks well-spoken and outgoing individuals with excellent customer service skills, who enjoy working with children and teens, to join its Education department. Museum Educators work between 8-20 hours per week from Wednesday to Sunday, mornings and afternoons. Hours are flexible, and may vary from week to week. This is a temporary non-exempt position.
Museum Educators report to the Deputy Director for Education and Visitor Experience.
- Deliver education programs including guided tours, workshops, and screening programs to student groups of all needs and abilities, grades 4 through college, as well as adults and senior citizens.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure a positive museum-going experiences for all visitors.
- Facilitiate weekend/holiday family workshops and Moving Image Studio (drop-in workshop) activities.
- Facilitate birthday parties for children.
- Attend regular meetings of the Education department.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting Museum instructors with after-school courses, both on-site and off-site; assisting at special events; and serving as a Museum representative for various off-site activities as needed.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Undergraduate work or degree in film, media studies, history, education, or related field
- Previous experience working with young people strongly preferred
- Previous experience with object-based and inquiry-based learning is a plus
- A friendly, courteous, and visitor-focused demeanor
- Working knowledge of film/media history and/or film/video production, animation, or digital media production a plus
- Available a minimum of two weekday mornings (Wednesday, Thursday, and/or Friday) per week
To apply please submit the following documents as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Museum Educator” as the subject.
- A cover letter, indicating days/times of availability.
- A resume.
Review of applications will begin on August 15. The Museum is unable to confirm the receipt or provide an update regarding the status of individual applications. The start date is on or around October 1.
No faxes or phone calls please.
Museum of the Moving Image is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.