- Deliver education programs to student groups of all needs and abilities, grades 4 through college, as well as adults and senior citizens
- Provide gallery talks and demonstrations to the public
- Facilitate birthday parties for children
- Attend regular meetings of the Education department
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Undergraduate work or degree in film, media studies, history, education, or related field
- Previous experience working with young people strongly preferred
- Graduate work and background preferred
- Working knowledge of film/video production, animation, or digital media production a plus
The Museum seeks well-spoken and outgoing individuals, who enjoy working with adolescents, to join its Education department. Museum Educators work between 8-20 hours per week from Wednesday to Sunday, mornings and afternoons. Hours are flexible, and may vary from week to week. This is a temporary non-exempt position. Museum Educators report to the Deputy Director for Education and Visitor Experience.
To apply please submit the following documents as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com with “Museum Educator” as the subject.
- A cover letter, indicating days/times of availability.
- A resume.