- Summer Media Camp Instructor
- Part-time Custodian
- The animation course includes workshops related to hand-drawn animation and stop-motion animation for campers ages 9-11.
- The video game design course includes workshops related to game design (both analog and digital) and video game programming for campers ages 9-11.
- Collaborate on the curriculum development for all sessions;
- Develop comprehensive lesson plans for each day of Summer Media Camp, to be approved by the Deputy Director for Education & Visitor Experience;
- Teach all program sessions with assistance from a Museum Educator;
- Ensure smooth operation of camp activities (such as lunch and outdoor play time) and safety of fifteen campers;
- Maintain clean and orderly workspace and materials;
- Prepare and present campers’ work at culminating event.
- Undergraduate degree in related field. Graduate degree preferred
- Familiarity with animation and media-production software, including iStopMotion (for animation courses)
- Working knowledge of game design and programming (for video game design courses)
- Knowledge of video game programming software (for video game design courses)
- Experience teaching upper elementary school students
- Excellent speaking skills
- Must be available for dates and times outlined in description
Summer Media Camp Instructor: Animation and/or Video Game Design
Museum of the Moving Image seeks well-spoken, outgoing instructors to teach week-long animation and/or video game design courses as part of the Museum’s Summer Media Camp.
Programs run August 12-16 (video game design) and August 19-23 (animation). Summer Media Camp meets Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Instructors are responsible for developing daily lesson plans and activities based upon the Museum’s curriculum. This is a temporary non-exempt position. Summer Media Camp Instructors report to the Deputy Director for Education & Visitor Experience.
The start date for this position is on or around August 12, 2013. To apply please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Media Camp Instructor” as the subject. Please indicate which subject(s) you are applying for.
No faxes or phone calls please.
The Museum of the Moving Image is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Museum of the Moving Image seeks a well-spoken, outgoing, well organized, and detail-oriented individual to join the Maintenance Department.
The Part-time Custodian reports directly to the Director of Building Maintenance, with day-to-day tasks coordinated and supervised by the Lead Building Maintainer. This individual is responsible for cleaning, janitorial, and housekeeping services for the Museum facility and grounds.
No faxes or phone calls please. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Museum of the Moving Image is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.