Under the supervision of department heads, interns have the opportunity to learn about the full range of Museum operations.
Graduate Internship: Development Intern
The intern will assist with general office duties in the Development department such as:
- Preparing acknowledgement letters, renewal letters, and specialized donor mailings;
- Producing research profiles for individual, corporate, and foundation prospects and current donors;
- Performing data entry in donor tracking software;
- Assisting with the planning surrounding special events (invitations, RSVP tracking, day-of coordination, etc.).
- Training and practice in Altru, a development software platform;
- Expand research and organizational skills, including training and practice in iWave and Foundation Directory (prospect research software);
- Improve writing skills through variety of communication mediums (formal letters, marketing materials, web content, etc.).
- Candidate must have completed his/her undergraduate study. Preference will be given to students currently obtaining a graduate degree in Museum Studies, Communications or related fields;
- Good research and writing skills;
- Organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work quickly, and with attention to detail with confidential materials;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and the Internet;
- Knowledge of film history, contemporary film culture, and popular culture in general, a plus.
Seasons: Fall (Sept – Dec), Spring (Jan – May)
Time Commitment: 24 hrs/week; 1 full semester
Schedule: We are flexible, but preferably three days per week, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Supervisor: Christina Marouda, Deputy Director for Development
Compensation: The internship is unpaid and housing is not provided. College credit may be granted, but must be coordinated in advance with the intern’s university/college.
Location: Museum of the Moving Image, Astoria, Queens
To be considered for a given season, please submit your resume and a writing sample (as PDFs) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the dates below:
Winter/Spring Positions: October 1
Summer Positions: April 1
Applications received after these dates will be considered on an as-needed basis.
The Museum is not able to accept phone or email inquiries from prospective interns. The Museum of the Moving Image is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.