Apply to serve on the Teen Council at Museum of the Moving Image. Our mission is to carve and shape an active space for youth interested in curation, public programming, and the overall day-to-day operations of an arts and cultural organization. Through visiting-artist lectures, planning of a large-scale event, community engagement, and site visits, members will gain real-world experience in the hybrid craft of organizing and project management; as well as exploring the history of the moving image. In addition to meeting and talking to museum professionals, you will be building strategies for outreach and taking leadership roles in collaboration with other NYC teens.
- Open to high school students ages 15+ and enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (or equivalent program) as of Fall 2019.
- Meets from October through March on select Tuesdays and Saturdays. Members must be able to fully commit to all meeting dates, plus two Teen Council planned events.
- All meetings take place at the Museum.
- Snacks and/or lunch will provided at each meeting.
- Members will be required to elect and attend at least three events at other NYC Museums (a list of options to choose from will be provided).
- A 32-ride Metrocard will be provided.
- Members will receive a stipend for their participation.
- Application deadline: Monday, October 14, 2019
- Interview date: Monday, October 16th (Sessions A & B). Session A: 11:30a.m.–12:30 p.m. Session B: 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Notifications: Monday, October 21st, 2019.
- Tuesday Meeting Dates (4:30–6:30 p.m.): October 29; November 12, 19; December 3, 10, 17; January 14, 21, 28; February 4, 11, 18 (11 total)
- Saturday Meeting Dates (11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.): October 26; November 2, 16; December 14; January 11, 25; February 8, 29; March 7, 14 (10 total)
- Teen Council Events: Friday December 13, 5:00–8:00 p.m. and March 27, 5:00–8:00 p.m. (plus set up and clean up)
Teen Council is generously supported by The Keith Haring Foundation.