Apply to serve on the Teen Council at Museum of the Moving Image. Members will collaborate with other NYC teens to help shape the Museum’s growing teen programs offerings, including taking a leadership role in the planning of a large-scale Teen Design Jam at the Museum. Participation will allow you to learn more about working in an arts and cultural organization, meet museum professionals, and gain real-world experience in event-planning, outreach, and project management.
Applications for the 2017 program are now closed. To find out about upcoming events and news, please sign up for the teen programs newsletter.Commitment Details
- Open to high school students ages 15+ and enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (or equivalent program) as of Fall 2017.
- Meets from October through March on select Tuesdays and Saturdays. Members must be able to fully commit to all meeting dates, plus two Teen Council planned events. See Important Dates below.
- All meetings will take place at the Museum.
- Snacks and/or lunch will provided at each meeting.
- Members will be required to elect and attend at least three events at other NYC Museums (a list of options to chose from will be provided).
- A 32-ride Metrocard will be provided.
- Members will receive a stipend for their participation.
- Application deadline: September 20, 2017
- Interview date: Saturday, September 30 (Sessions A & B). Session A: 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Session B: 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Notifications: October 3, 2017
- Tuesday Meeting Dates (4:30–6:30 p.m.): October 24; November 14, 21, 28; December 5, 12, 19; January 9, 23; February 6, 27 and March 6 (11 total)
- Saturday Meeting Dates (11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.): October 21; November 4, 18; December 16; January 6, 20; February 3, 24 March 10, 17 (10 total)
- Teen Council Events: Friday December 15, 5:00–8:00 p.m. and March 10, 5:00–8:00 p.m. (plus set up and clean up)
Funding for Teen Council provided by The Pinkerton Foundation.