The 2021 MoMI Teen Council Applications are now open, apply by reading the text below and completing this application. Application are due October 4, 2021.
About Teen CouncilMoMI Teen Council is an active space for youth interested in media, museums, public programming, and the day-to-day operations of an arts and cultural organization. Through visiting-artist workshops, planning of large-scale events, community engagement, and site visits, members gain real-world experience in the hybrid craft of organizing and project management while exploring the history of the moving image. In addition to meeting and talking to museum professionals, Teen Council promotes youth leadership in the arts and culture sector. To find out about upcoming events and news, please sign up for the teen programs newsletter. Commitment Details
- Open to high school students ages 15+ and enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (or equivalent program) as of Fall 2021.
- Meets from October through March on select Tuesdays and Saturdays. Members must be able to fully commit to all meeting dates, plus two Teen Council planned events.
- Members will be required to elect and attend at least three events at other NYC Museums (a list of options to choose from will be provided).
- Members will receive a stipend for their participation, and a one year museum membership, upon successful completion.
- Application deadline: Monday, October 4, 2021
- Interview date: Tuesday, October 5 (Sessions A & B). Session A: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Session B: 5:45–6:45 p.m. Wednesday, October 6 (Sessions C & D). Session C: 4:30-5:30 p.m. Session D: 5:45-6:45 p.m.
- Notifications: Friday, October 8, 2019.
- Tuesday Meeting Dates (4:30–6:00 p.m.): October 12,19, 26; November 9,16, 30; December 7, 14, 21; January 11, 18, 25; February, 8, 15; March 1, 8 (16 total)
- Saturday Meeting Dates (2:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.): October 16, 23, 30; November 6, 13, 20; December 4, 11, 18; January 15, 22, 29; February 5, 12; March 5, 12 (16 total)
- Teen Council Events: These dates will be determined soon. These are 2 sessions on 2 different days outside the specified ones, and range between 2 and 3 hours (plus set up and clean up).
- Meetings will take place in a hybrid format: both on-site and remotely.