Apply to serve on the Teen Council at Museum of the Moving Image. Our mission is to carve and shape an active space for youth interested in curating, public programing, and the overall day to day operations of an arts and cultural organization. Through visiting artist lectures, planning of a large-scale event, community engagement and site visits, members will gain real-world experience in the hybrid craft of organizing and project management. In addition to meeting and talking to museum professionals, you will be building strategies for outreach and taking leadership roles in collaboration with other NYC teens.
- Open to high school students ages 15+ and enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade (or equivalent program) as of Fall 2018.
- Meets from October through March on select Tuesdays and Saturdays. Members must be able to fully commit to all meeting dates, plus two Teen Council planned events. See Important Dates below.
- All meetings will take place at the Museum.
- Snacks and/or lunch will provided at each meeting.
- Members will be required to elect and attend at least three events at other NYC Museums (a list of options to chose from will be provided).
- A 32-ride Metrocard will be provided.
- Members will receive a stipend for their participation.
- Application deadline: Wednesday, October 10th, 2018.
- Interview date: Monday, October 15th (Sessions A & B). Session A: 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Session B: 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Notifications: Saturday, October 20th, 2018.
- Tuesday Meeting Dates (4:30–6:30 p.m.): October 24; November 14, 21, 28; December 5, 12, 19; January 9, 23; February 6, 27 and March 6 (11 total)
- Saturday Meeting Dates (11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.): October 21; November 4, 18; December 16; January 6, 20; February 3, 24 March 10, 17 (10 total)
- Teen Council Events: Friday December 15, 5:00–8:00 p.m. and March 10, 5:00–8:00 p.m. (plus set up and clean up)
Funding for Teen Council provided by The Pinkerton Foundation.