Birthday PartiesChildren ages 8+
Your child can be the star of his or her very own party at the Museum. We create a memorable and fun-filled extravaganza for your child and guests, as we take them behind the scenes to see how films, television shows, and video games are made.
Your party will be led by Museum Educators who have been specially assigned to your group. The party includes:
- Exciting interactive experiences in which children can make flip books of themselves to take home in goodie bags; create their own animations; dub their voices over famous movie dialogue in films such as The Wizard of Oz and Babe, edit sound effects into The Simpsons and Jurassic Park, play classic arcade video games, and more
- A special guided tour featuring Museum highlights, including famous movie costumes, mindbending optical toys, the very first home video game, and the actual Chewbacca mask from Star Wars
- A private screening of The Red Balloon or a short film featuring Charlie Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, or Wallace and Gromit in Red Grooms and Lysiane Luong’s Tut’s Fever, an art installation and theater
- Party bags with special mementos and souvenirs from the Museum
- Parties are available on Saturdays and Sundays at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm or 3:00 pm
The party lasts approximately two and a half hours, with rates starting at $550 for up to ten children. The fee for additional party guests is $25 per child, and admission is free for up to four adults. A non-refundable 50% deposit is required in order to reserve a date. There are also many options for customizing your party experience. For an additional fee, the Museum can provide birthday cake, a pizza and drinks,, hands-on workshops and much more.
For further information or to make a reservation, please contact the Education department at 718 777 6820 or by email at email@example.com.